For some specific projects, young artists may wish to use resources for their artwork that need sourcing externally- in this case they may require your assistance in helping them locate such pieces from home/ op shop, etc. (this is not mandatory but could allow for more creative outcomes if you are able to assist).
Payment and Enrolment
Once booking completed on website and payment cleared you will receive a confirmation email listing details for the enrolment and a GST receipt. This secures the booking and placement in the course selected. If there is an issue using the online booking system please contact: email@example.com to seek an alternative method of enrolment and payment.
Enrolments are not confirmed until payment has been cleared.
Payment is non-refundable. Missed lessons for any reasons, such as; illness, holidays, etc. are not able to be reimbursed. We will endeavour where possible to allocate a ‘make- up’ class although due to fixed class sizes this is not able to be guaranteed.
In the unlikely event that the class is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances parents will be notified via text or phone call to the contacts provided upon enrolment. We will endeavour to do this as early as possible to allow alternative arrangements to be made. In most cases a ‘make-up’ class will be scheduled for the Friday afternoon of that same week, unless otherwise notified.
All After School Courses start at 4.00pm and finish at 5.30pm. We offer supervision from 3.15pm until course begins and from 5.30-6.00pm after course finishes. This is charged at $2 per 15 minutes and is payable on the day of the supervision required. If payment is not made within 24 hours of the supervision provided RAD reserves the right to deny this service for the enrolled artist in the future.
Please note that if parents are repeatedly late for pick ups they will be charged at the rate of $2 per 15 minutes and notified by RAD.
Sign In System
It is preferred that parents will sign the RAD Kids artists in each session and sign out upon pick up, however you may choose to allow them to ‘Self-Sign’ in and out. As a security measure, unless this option is selected upon booking online, the artist will not be excused from the course until a parent comes to collect them. Using this system, RAD will only assume responsibility for those artists who have signed in on the day and only until 5.30pm when they have signed themselves out again. We encourage parents to arrange with their child an appropriate means of meeting for pick up/ getting home safely prior to the first workshop.
Participants not authorised to use Self Sign need to be dropped off/signed in and collected/ signed out by a parent or approved caregiver each session.
We appreciate you contacting RAD via text: 021 0838 4590 if the enrolled artist will be absent/late for any reason- RAD does not assume responsibility for alerting parents if the artist does not attend the workshop although we will still endeavour to do so where possible.
What to Know
- Clothing: Workshops will be messy- please ensure your child dresses accordingly with sensible, closed in shoes and smocks or old clothing that can get mucky.
- Food: It is encouraged that artists bring snacks and drinks along if they wish- all allergies to be noted on the online booking form. *If we have any artists within a particular course that have extreme food allergies RAD will notify all parents via email that a particular food is not allowed to enter the premises (e.g: nut allergy).
- During colder months- ensure artists have warm layers with them- property is large and can get cool.
We ask that unless parents/ caregivers are attending as a volunteer with RAD, all parents leave the premises during workshops.
- If you would like to be a volunteer please notify RAD on: firstname.lastname@example.org as we very much welcome an extra pair of hands to assist during the busy stages of construction and display.
- Aside from the art essentials RAD mostly use items that have been rescued from landfill (but checked over to ensure they are safe to use), any donations would be greatly appreciated eg: plastic milk bottles, jars with lids, old bits of furniture, picture frames, old kitchen utensils, ice cream containers, vases and vessels, polystyrene, wool, cotton, costume jewellery, vintage books- anything with colour pictures for collage, scraps of fabric, anything reusable!
- In the event of a participant displaying behavioural issues that affect the group or that affect the general levels of safety to themselves or to others, RAD reserves the right to terminate an enrolment with a pro- rata refund of paid fees.